PPN related documents
Understanding the PPN
View Fingal PPNs Plain English guide to the PPN. This explains the Fingal PPN in clear and accurate language. Some details will vary in each county, such as the number of people on each committee, but the core structure is the same.
PPN Guidance Documents
- PPN User Guide (March 2017)
- Roles, Rights and Responsibilities of a PPN Representative (Taken from Public Participation Networks – A User Guide, Department of Environment, Community and Local Government, March 2017)
Documents of interest
Examples of workplans
Each PPN’s Linkage Groups operate slightly differently. Please contact your own PPN for details.
You can see the Fingal PPN Website for a great resource and set up for how their Linkage Groups operate. This example was shown as an example of best practice at the National PPN Conference 2019.
Working with the Public Participation Network:
Examples of policy documents from LENs and others:
- Galway City Community Network – Policies and Positions
- Meath Environmental Network – Renewable Energy Strategy for Co. Meath 2017
- Roscommon Heritage Forum – Co. Roscommon Heritage Plan 2017 – 2021, incorporating Roscommon Biodiversity Plan
- Limerick – motion to ban balloon and sky lantern releases
- Waterford – Actions to ban single use plastics, created by One World Centre and Plastic Free Waterford. This was presented to the council along with a petition with over 1000 local signatures. It has now been adopted by Waterford County Council.
- Sligo – Green checklist for Sligo Events, Created by Sligo PPN, Sligo Environmental Network and GreenSligo Aware.
Graphics for download:
Promoting your PPN and Environmental College:
These are free to use to to promote your PPN. They have a national focus.Click images above for a png file, or download pdf files here: PPN Benefits Flyer pdf, PPN Benefits Poster pdf.
If you would like them altered to be specific to your county, please email email@example.com